Enjoy a relaxing massage with a friend or loved one.
What to expect during a couples massage
If you’ve never had a couple’s massage, we think you have been missing out on one of the best spa experiences available. To share Sharing such a relaxing and memorable occasion provides opportunities for connecting and bonding with your loved one in a wonderful way.
A couple’s massage at Spa Diamond takes place in our beautifully decorated feature room on side-by-side massage tables with two therapists who work on each individual at the same time.
A couple’s massage will typically include access to showers and our Spa bath, lounging areas, and other spa amenities. Many couple’s massage treatments may offer special amenities such as champagne and chocolates.
While booking in, your therapist will run through a consultation with you to review your treatment goals and answer any questions you may have.
The Benefits of Couples Massage!
We are often looking for exciting experiences and the company of another person often adds pleasure to the situation. A Couple’s Massage could be a great way to bond with your significant other. After all, happiness is only real when shared. Massage therapy is a stress relieving activity for many, but there are still those who wish to come to therapy but hesitate while coming alone.
Not only do we encourage couples to come in for a massage, we also encourage people to come in with friends and family. For couples, the massage provides endless benefits including:
- It helps people reconnect; many situations, there does not have to be a barrier between to people for a communication gap to form. We live in a fast paced world where many people are so busy that they rarely get time for each other. The couple’s massage helps such people reconnect by enjoying the same activity together, bringing their minds to the same platform and helping them to let go of all the external factors of the world.
- It increases feelings of affection; The energy provided to the body through massage by experts stimulates the release of many feel-good hormones. For couples, such feelings could be concentrated towards each other and result in elevated affection for each other after the therapy and for friends, a feeling of reconnection or closeness.
Your treatments will end at the same pre-appointed time. The massage therapists let you know the session has ended and will leave the room while you dress, returning a few minutes later with some refreshing mineral water
Why not add hot oil to the treatment?
Massage is like a cross between acupressure, Yoga , and Zen shiatsu and is inspired by Buddhist teachings. The actual massage consists of slow, rhythmic compressions and stretches along the body's energy lines, also called sen in Thai.
Over 70,000 sen are said to exist within the body, and Thai massage concentrates on applying pressure along 10 of the most important sen, using the palms of the hands, thumbs, elbows, and feet.
The effort from the practitioner works to free tension within the body. Practitioners also position the body into yoga-like poses and gently rock the body to open the joints and facilitate limbering.
Massage can be strenuous for the practitioner. To become a master, it is said that the best place to learn is where the therapy originates. The well known school at Wat Po in Bangkok and in Chiang Mai, The Institute of Thai Massage, both in Thailand, are famous for their teaching of the ancient art.
It is also possible to receive instruction in the United States from teachers who studied in Thailand.
Why not add a Spa Bath to the treatment?
A Spa bath at the end of your treatment not only feel luxurious and ensures you feel more relaxed than you ever have before, there are many benefits too:
- Can improve your cardiovascular health
- May help you sleep
- Will often help alleviate aches and pains
- It can help lower blood pressure
- Could help diabetes and weight loss
- A great way to reduce stress
- It can help reduce headaches
- Feeling relaxed and good about yourself can improve your self esteem and confidence
- It can improve anxiety
The Specialists in Thai Massage in Birmingham
The following are some of the benefits of traditional Thai massage
- Increases flexibility and range of movement
- Eliminates muscle pain and muscle spasms
- Improves postural alignment
- Calms the nervous system
- Promotes a deep sense of relaxation with an increased energy level.
- Allows for a significant release of deep, emotional distress
- Stimulates blood circulation and lymph drainage
- Stimulates internal organs
- Relieves fatigue , swollen limbs, painful joints, and headaches
Our practitioners of massage are all highly trained and taught the most important aspects of the meditative spiritual awareness, mindfulness, and concentration.
Correct body positioning and posture control while giving a massage are of vital importance to the practitioner in order to avoid injury, especially to the back.
How to find us
Directions from the North
Heading south on the A38(M) towards Birmingham City Centre, leave at the Park Circus junction (Sign posted for Aston Cross) and stay in the left lane. At the rouandabout, take the first exit onto the B4132 for 500 yds until you get to the next roundabout. Take the 3rd Exit onto Lichfield Road (A5127) towards Birmingham. You will pass Motorpoint on your right hand side and we are on the left hand side just before you get to the next roundabout. We have parking to the rear.
At the roundabout, take the first exit, and then turn immediately left (before the pedestrian crossing, through the silver gates to get to the car park. We are the first building on the left.