Enjoy a relaxing Couples massage with a friend or loved one.
What to expect during a couples massage
If you’ve never had a couple’s massage, we think you have been missing out on one of the best spa experiences available. If is quickly becoming one of the most popular treatments at Spa diamond, and with good reasoon. To share Sharing such a relaxing and memorable occasion provides opportunities for connecting and bonding with your loved one in a wonderful way.
A couple’s massage at Spa Diamond takes place in our beautifully decorated feature room on side-by-side massage tables with two therapists who work on each individual at the same time.
So what actually happens I hear you say!
After being greeted by reception where you will be offered a hot or cold drink while invited to complete the standard consultation form (this is to ensure you get the most out of your treatment by letting us know if you have any aches or pains you would like us to look at or any injuries we need to be aware of).
You both get your own dedicated therapist so please let us know what you like and don't like!
You will be introduced to your therapists who will guide you to your treatment room and then leave while you disrobe and get ready on the bed.
After a few minutes, the therapists will knock before entering so if your not quite ready, let them know. Otherwise they will enter the room and the treatment can begin.
During your treatment, you can talk to your therapist and let them know where you would like them to focus, or you might want to chat to your friend or partner too. Of course you might just want to drift off into a blissfull state of relaxation and that is just fine too!
When the treatement is over, the therapist will let you know it is complete (You might need to be woken up first) and then they will leave you to get dressed.
If you decide to have a shower after the treatment, please feel free to do so. The shower is right next door. If you do, please let the therapists know and they will give you a little longer to get ready
At the end of the treatment, you will be asked if you would like a glass of water either in the room as you get dressed or waiting for you in the reception area when you are ready to leave the room.
During the treatment, you will get very warm, the room is warm too and so it is important to have a drink to rehydrate
When you are ready, return to the reception area where you casn either have another drink or just chill out for a short time. Either way, we would like you to connect with your therapist for some much needed feedback.
Knowing what we got right or what we could have done better is a great way for us to learn more about you and how you like your treatments.
The therapist will then hand you over to the receptionist who will complete your booking on the system by updating the notes regarding your booking before either escorting you to the car park or helping you to arrange a taxi.
We hope this has short guide has been beneficial and of course...
We hope to see you very soon at Spa Diamond!
The Benefits of Couples Massage!
We are often looking for exciting experiences and the company of another person often adds pleasure to the situation. A Couple’s Massage could be a great way to bond with your significant other. After all, happiness is only real when shared. Massage therapy is a stress relieving activity for many, but there are still those who wish to come to therapy but hesitate while coming alone.
Not only do we encourage couples to come in for a massage, we also encourage people to come in with friends and family. For couples, the massage provides endless benefits including:
- It helps people reconnect; many situations, there does not have to be a barrier between to people for a communication gap to form. We live in a fast paced world where many people are so busy that they rarely get time for each other. The couple’s massage helps such people reconnect by enjoying the same activity together, bringing their minds to the same platform and helping them to let go of all the external factors of the world.
- It increases feelings of affection; The energy provided to the body through massage by experts stimulates the release of many feel-good hormones. For couples, such feelings could be concentrated towards each other and result in elevated affection for each other after the therapy and for friends, a feeling of reconnection or closeness.
Why not add hot oil to the treatment?
Massage is like a cross between acupressure, Yoga , and Zen shiatsu and is inspired by Buddhist teachings. The actual massage consists of slow, rhythmic compressions and stretches along the body's energy lines, also called sen in Thai.
Over 70,000 sen are said to exist within the body, and Thai massage concentrates on applying pressure along 10 of the most important sen, using the palms of the hands, thumbs, elbows, and feet.
The effort from the practitioner works to free tension within the body. Practitioners also position the body into yoga-like poses and gently rock the body to open the joints and facilitate limbering.
How to book a couples massage
Follow the link below and select the couples massage from the list of available treatments, select a date and a time before completing your booking:
Massage can be strenuous for the practitioner. To become a master, it is said that the best place to learn is where the therapy originates. The well known school at Wat Po in Bangkok and in Chiang Mai, The Institute of Thai Massage, both in Thailand, are famous for their teaching of the ancient art.
It is also possible to receive instruction in the United States from teachers who studied in Thailand.
Why not add a Spa Bath to the treatment?
A Spa bath at the end of your treatment not only feel luxurious and ensures you feel more relaxed than you ever have before, there are many benefits too:
- Can improve your cardiovascular health
- May help you sleep
- Will often help alleviate aches and pains
- It can help lower blood pressure
- Could help diabetes and weight loss
- A great way to reduce stress
- It can help reduce headaches
- Feeling relaxed and good about yourself can improve your self esteem and confidence
- It can improve anxiety
The Specialists in Thai Massage in Birmingham
The following are some of the benefits of traditional Thai massage
- Increases flexibility and range of movement
- Eliminates muscle pain and muscle spasms
- Improves postural alignment
- Calms the nervous system
- Promotes a deep sense of relaxation with an increased energy level.
- Allows for a significant release of deep, emotional distress
- Stimulates blood circulation and lymph drainage
- Stimulates internal organs
- Relieves fatigue , swollen limbs, painful joints, and headaches
Our practitioners of massage are all highly trained and taught the most important aspects of the meditative spiritual awareness, mindfulness, and concentration.
Correct body positioning and posture control while giving a massage are of vital importance to the practitioner in order to avoid injury, especially to the back.